Join North Burleigh
New members are always welcome to join. For new members go here to join the North Burleigh SLSC.
Membership Fees can be found here.
WANTING TO DO YOUR BRONZE COURSE TO BECOME A PATROLING MEMBER?
There are a few requirements prior to commencing the Bronze course which are listed below:
- Be a financial member of the club – please create a Members Online account – HERE
- You must be at least 15 years of age on the final assessment date.
- You are required to complete an unaided swim of 400 m in 9 minutes or less in a swimming pool of not less than 25 m. Evidence of this must be provided to the assessor prior to commencement of the course. There is a Pool Swim Assessment form attached – please contact your local pool or aquatic centre to arrange this to be signed off. (form here)
- You will need to provide your USI number – if you don’t have a USI (Unique Student Identifier) number please go to the following website: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/get-a-usi
- All members over the Age of 18 years are also required to hold a Blue Card (Working with Children Check). This is now linked to your Transport & Main Roads account –
- Once this has been completed, please email the office with your Blue Card application number so we can link your application for a Blue Card to SLSQ.
Existing members can renew their membership each year via the SLSA members area
About surf life saving
Surf life saving is the core of the surf club. As a club, we are responsible for the patrolling of the beach and the safety of hundreds of thousands of beach goers every year. The lifesaving patrolling season commences on the first weekend of the September school holidays and continues every weekend and public holiday through until the first weekend in May.
There are many ways you can be involved and it is a great way to give back to the community, make friends and learn new skills.